Sunday, March 03, 2013

Start Date Decided

Thanks for the feedback, friends!  It was all very helpful.  I just entered my start date rankings, and my first choice is September 23.  Second choice is August 26, and third choice is January.  I'll find out in April.

I decided to start one month later than planned in order to give myself another month to travel and study Spanish.  As much as it would be fun to wait until January, I feel like the past three months have been somewhat of a vacation, and the next two months will definitely be a vacation. That will be five months of travel in Europe and hopefully two in South America. So... I don't feel like I am missing out.

The plan:

April 14-May 14: Europe adventure with Angie
May 17: Graduate!
Rest of May: Austin time
June - July: Spanish Immersion (leading contender is Medellin, Colombia... stay tuned!)
August: Travel South America with Kevin (new development! fingers crossed!)
September: Recover and return to working life, with a hopeful girls weekend thrown in

I think it will all work out just fine! Two months of Spanish classes, one month to practice in South America, and time to enjoy vacation.

No comments: