Monday, May 16, 2011

The Summer of E

Today was the first day of the "Summer of E."

Yes, I selfishly named the summer after myself. But it's fitting, because this summer is all about me.

Let me back up one moment... if you would have asked me even a few months ago if I would be taking the summer off, I would have thought you were crazy. I mean, it's well known that I'm a busy-a-holic. The idea of taking time off is a bit...well... frightening to be honest. A full 2.5 months without any firm obligations? Yikes! However, knowing that I'm about to emerge myself for 2 years in my MBA program, I thought some time off would be a good idea.

So... here we are! My last day at Southpro was last Friday and so begins my summer. I thought I would blog about it to get back in the habit of writing and to share my experiences.

Ironically, today wasn't that different that a "normal" work day. Went to the gym at 6:45, made breakfast at home, created my weekly to-do list, met Yvonne & Michelle for lunch, hung out at REI & BookPeople, met Taline for coffee, came home and worked on some projects, went to Target, watched the news, and lost all motivation for productivity by 7pm. Pretty average day for me. :)

Anyway... I hope to keep blogging all summer and share my "Summer of E" with my one or two readers. If you have any suggestions, by the way, I'm all ears!

2 comments:

JohnF said...

Enjoy your extended break

Unknown said...

Cpngrats on the Summer of E and moving forward with you plans. As you start looking for things to blog about, consider telling us, your nosey readers, what Erin was like 5, 10 , 15 years ago. We, (I) know you recently, but would be curious about little E..

Take Care,,have a great summer.