Friday, December 04, 2009

momentary reflection...

I was thinking back to a conversation I had with Katy & Alisa back in May. We were sitting in Lift, just after our pre-Ironman meeting, talking about life post-Ironman. I admitted that I was scared of life post-Ironman, as in not having a big goal ahead or knowing what was out there. It was scary.

Katy sent me an email that night that was inspiring and touching, in which she said "be true to yourself" and explained that I didn't need to figure it all out in a day. (It was the perfect email - the one you keep and look back on from time to time.)

That night, I wrote the following in a post:
By the way, in reference to learning to appreciate balance: I don't have any *big* goals lined up post Ironman. There is a huge part of me that is scared of not having something ahead, and scared of the unknown, really. However, I'm giving up fear and instead I'm going to embrace whatever lies ahead in my life. I have more confidence than ever that I will always land on my feet and that I can do anything if I just believe in myself.

If only the girl typing this post today could have given the girl who wrote that post just a *glimpse* of what was to come.

Let me just say - I followed through on what I said I was going to do. I gave up fear. I am certainly embracing life. Hell, I would say that I am giving life one giant bear hug. Life won't always be so rosey, but I WILL land on my feet. And... I'm definitely not scared anymore.

No comments: