Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm Ba-aa-aack!

Holy Smokes! Today has been a freaking wonderful, fantastic day! To sum it up, I am *finally* feeling like my old self again. My smile has not left my face since I got out of bed. For the second time.

Some thoughts for the day.

1. If I wake up at 4:00am... just get up. Because going back to sleep just about kills all motivation to go swim in cold Barton Springs at 5:30am. Doh.

2. I got to use my new Twixits this morning! Apparently they are "the best bag clip ever invented. ever." according to Mike... I'll admit, they are pretty cool. (Happy Mike?)

3. If I have a long (and at all stressful) list of things to accomplish, I will always make sure to add a bunch of non-relevant things to the list. Case in point... this morning I decided, for the first time in almost 2 years, that I would research and buy a replacement camera battery charger. So I spent time doing that, instead of accomplishing real things that needed to be done.

4. I knocked off a bunch of things today where I had to wait in lines. Like, I drew number 151 and they were only serving number 99. First advice - read the directions on your ticket. Because when you get to the window without any of the completed forms, you feel pretty damn stupid. Second advice - you can make trips like these fun by making the people around you smile. In fact, the guy that helped me today looked exhausted and said "I'm so sleepy" when I first got to his window. By the time he was done helping me, he said "Thank you! I have more energy than I know what to do with thanks to you!" That was kinda cool. It's all about your attitude!

5. Grease Monkey Wipes made the Statesman!!!!! Check us out!!!!!!!!!! Pam LeBlanc rocks. :)

6. Barton Springs is the BEST. I ditched my long ride in lieu of a swim, and even at 5:30pm - it was fantastic. (and great sighting practice, too!) Gosh I love that place. Love, love, love it.

7. I knocked out EIGHT of the NINE big items on my to-do list today. And it feels AWESOME!

8. Oh, we got our CDA numbers today. #2089 right here! That's right, there's an Ironman in my future. Honestly, I keep forgetting!

9. My parents are coming to visit me this weekend. I get to spend my last Sunday in Austin pre-CDA with them... most likely you'll find Dad and me taking a nice walk around the trail. I'm so excited!

So.... my point... I feel fantastic. I haven't felt like this in a long, long time. I am back, people. I really can't wipe the smile off my face. June is my month!!!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Way to go! Keep the feeling going to next week, you're gonna rock CdA, there's no doubt about it!