Saturday, June 20, 2009

E-bot & Friends in CDA

Enough about me... lots talk robots. One of my little taper projects was making a special Ironbot for each one of the T3 people doing CDA. (Plus some sherpas too.)

Anyway, I have been absolutely thrilled and amazed how some have embraced their bots! D, Maggie & I had so much fun with D-bot, E-bot & Sherpa-bot today. :)

First we rode along the Centennial Trail to make sure our bikes were in working order.
Then we headed to athlete village. Checked out the water again...
Roamed the Ironman store & wrote some messages for the Inspiration Station... And then... what???!!! CDA 2010??? Silly E-bot!
And it's official! We (me + Elizabeth) are coming back in 2010 to do this thing again! Oye! Next stop, drop of our bags & bikes!

At this point, we were through with athlete village until Race Day! So, we grabbed lunch then headed over to the Bunny House to find... GIANT ROBOTS!!!
How freaking cool are these guys? They will adorn the course tomorrow and surely bring endless smiles to my face.

Speaking of, I'm gonna go do an Ironman tomorrow. Wow. Still hasn't really hit me... I'll just be focused on the giant blue robots. As Dionn says, "please take me 140.6 miles to your leader."

2 comments:

MW said...

That's a big pair of bots you got there, Erin!

LOL!

Babababada pa-deeee dabbada

Jess said...

love the huge bots!!!

have a great race day darlin'