Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bad Packer

Somewhere in the past few years, my traveling style has gone from boy scout like preparedness to "Eh, I'll get it done eventually."

When I went to Interbike last year, I waited until 2 days before to book tickets to Vegas. When I went to San Diego for Rachel's wedding, I packed that morning. Same for Longhorn (in Galveston) - I packed 30 minutes before the bossman came to pick me up.

Ironman is proving no different, but I have to laugh at myself. I didn't pack my tri-bike-transport until 9am Saturday, and drop off was at 11am. Mind you, this bag was pretty important - my teammates had made lists upon lists about what to pack. Whatever, I got it done.

And now... Ironman packing. I leave Thursday morning. Which means I will probably start thinking about it Wednesday afternoon. So far, I have only given it as much thought as to buy individual peanut butter packets and mini m&m's. Oh, I did borrow an awesome tri bag and other race accoutrements, as well as a small foam roller. This evening, I bought a T3 shirt to wear during the marathon. What's that they say about not trying anything new on race day? Hope it works for me!

Rather than pack, I have taken on activities such as: build more robots, clean my house, look for a new house, write letters, shop online, hang out with friends, spend time on g-chat...

Yeah, packing is not my strongsuit. Hopefully in 24 hours I'll be at least a little closer to being ready!

One more thing... check out the cool article the lovely Pam LeBlanc wrote about T3 heading to CDA! Yay Pam!!

No comments: